Skip to main content

Jared Leto Joins Blade Runner Sequel


I'm become less and less enthused about the new Blade Runner sequel every time a new piece of information comes out.

This time, it is the news that Jared Leto will join the line up as a “memorable, never before seen
By Nicolas Genin CC2.0
character.” Now, it's not the part about a new character that bothers me, it's the "memorable" part I'm worried about. This is the guy that takes character acting to a whole new cringe-tastic level, and who tends to make any movie he stars in about him, rather than the plot.

With the likely financial bust of the Ben Hur remake and Ghostbusters, I would have thought that Hollywood would be a bit more cautious about trashing cherished classics. In any event, I'm unlikely to watch the new Bladerunner. Why would I when there are literally thousands of new and original Sci Fi stories being made across print and film every year?

Comments